Our History
 
First Christian Church of Kaufman was established in 1861 as friends gathered on the first day of the week to break bread in remembrance of Christ. For several years they met from home to home to, study the Bible, and sometimes to hear an itinerant preacher.
 

In July 1877, they moved into a building, where they met for almost 80 years. Then in 1956, they  began to meet in a colonial residence at 504 South Houston Street. However, that building burned down one week before Easter 1961. 

The congregation quickly moved to acquire new facilities as they were able to relocate, and remodel two barracks from “Old Love Field” in Dallas. The bones of those two barracks still serve us well, along with the addition of a new fellowship hall.  In 1980 a Texas Historical Marker was unveiled and dedicated honoring the church’s history in Kaufman. 

Through the years we have served the Lord in our community and maintained a relationship with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). We continue to support various causes, civic organizations and area ministries. This mighty little church has loved God, each other and our community for over 150+ years.  And we look forward to a bright futureā€¦